Re: [tlug] Re: Unlocked Android phone

> > I wish I could be assured that getting a SIM card meant I would get wifi.
>
> Perhaps I'm just being naive here, but why would you need a SIM card to
> use WiFi? One certainly doesn't need a GSM SIM card for one's laptop to
> use WiFi, VOIP, and all of those good things.

No, I don't think you are naive but rather just being polite.

A  I was reading had misinformation on it authoritatively stating the G1
android phone from T-mobile could only be used at t-mobile hot-spots and
not your home network.  After reading that, and seeing how it "switches
seemlessly between the phone network and wifi" (1),  I had assumed
somehow the two had been tied together.

Looking further though I found an app that opens the garage door when
the user gets within range of their home network.

Shawn

(1) for data, not voice calls