Re: [tlug] Unlocked Android phone

Hi,

> http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/05/sim-hardware-unlocked-android-dev-phone-1-surfaces-for-399/
>

> Also available in Japan, but it's not possible to see how much they'd
> charge you for shipping without paying them $25 first.

I need to replace my phone soon so...Any suggestions on carriers here in
Tokyo?

I saw the phone has networks of:

UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

I googled to find emobile in Japan has a HSDPA device.

I wonder if I could just get a contract with them without a handset.

Also, I know little of unlocked phones.  If I went on vacation to Guam,
could I possible just get a card with minutes there to flip in.  I'll
have to look into but thought someone might know.

Shawn