Re: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive: It is ext3 [SOLVED]

On 2008-12-08 22:00 +0900 (Mon), Dave M G wrote:

> I understand now that the difference between pen drives and SD cards...

Actually, the difference is only in the filesystem for which you happen
to have formatted it. One could just as easily put a DOS filesystem on a
large hard drive (well, aside from the size limitations of some of the
DOS filesystems out there), or an ext3 filesystem on even a tiny USB
"pen drive."

The first Unixy system I ever owned had a 9 megabyte drive.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com