Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive
- Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 21:00:59 +0900
- From: Dave M G <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20081125)
As part of my efforts to ensure I never go through heartache like I did with my last hard drive crash, I bought an extra USB external hard drive today for backups.
Plugged it in, it was detected right away, so I partitioned and formatted it with no problems.
But I can't write to it. I thought maybe I screwed up the formatting or something, so I did it again. But no, it seems more like a permissions error or something.
I've formatted USB pen drives and SD cards without this issue. What is different about a large external hard drive that is different?
Naturally I looked on the web before coming here, but most, if not all, people experiencing a similar problem seem to be having it because their external drive is NTFS. My external drive is ext3.
Any suggestions on what I should do?
-- Dave M G http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G
- Re: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive
- From: Al Hoang
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Recommendations on ISDN Cards for a SIP server
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Recommendations on ISDN Cards for a SIP server
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links