Re: [tlug] Looking for a distribution to replace Ubuntu

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:45:40PM +0900, Kenneth M. Burling Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 00:46 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > It's always a tossup, with Sid, however, coming rather close, most of
> > the time (though most can be a moving a target) to getting newer
> > packages and not breaking.
>
> So far with Arch I have not had any packages flat out break on me,
> except for a strange anomaly with the desktop for XFCE4 (I am using
> Enlightenment now).

The nice thing about Arch being a relatively small community is that if
something breaks, you can often email the maintainer and get a quick
answer. Also, their forums and wiki are excellent.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Angel: It was a bright afternoon out in front of your school. You
walked down the steps. And I loved you.
 Buffy: Why?
 Angel: 'Cause I could see your heart. You held it before you for
everyone to see. And I worried that it would be bruised or torn. And
more than anything in my life I wanted to keep it safe, to warm it
with my own.
 Buffy: That's beautiful. Or taken literally, incredibly gross.
 Angel: I was just thinking that, too.