Re: [tlug] Looking for a distribution to replace Ubuntu

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2008-11-24 11:49 +0900 (Mon), Alexander Danilov wrote:
 >
 > > Time to use Debian.
 >
 > That's an, er, "interesting" opinion, given that Ubuntu is based on
 > Debian. Can you tell me which of the issues I mentioned are done
 > better or fixed in Debian as compared to Ubuntu? I can think of three
 > (the DNSSEC resolver,

Debian provides a decent resolver (liblwres and lwresd) and has done
so for ages.  However, it would appear that as of July 2007 even in
'sid' (the unstable distribution) OpenSSH still linked to libresolv
(provided by glibc) by default.  I doubt that has changed.

I imaginge that Ubuntu also provides lwres, though.

 > recent releases of binary packages,

Recent releases of binary packages are almost by definition not
production-ready.  Who are you kidding?