Re: [tlug] Trouble with external USB hard disk

Nguyen Vu Hung writes:

 > Take a look at the file /etc/fstab in OP's first email in the thread.
 > It is completely corrupted! That's why I suggest him to contact KUbuntu.

No, it's not.  The only corruption is the entry /root/sdb5.  The rest
can be plausibly explained as pilot error in responding to installer
prompts, and almost certainly will be.  Unless you really think that
Kubuntu's installer changed fstab without requesting confirmation from
the admin?  That would be a bug, but I can't imagine it getting
through Canonical's QA.

A bug report, without an explanation of how the installer induced this
outcome, will simply put David on Canonical's "crank" list, and his
future bug reports will be acknowledged and ignored.