Re: [tlug] Trouble with external USB hard disk

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 5:36 PM, David Bernat <dbernat@example.com> wrote:

> Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>
> > You should try:
> > cat /proc/partitions | grep sdb
> > to unsure /dev/sdb is properly connected.
>
> david@example.com:~$ cat /proc/partitions | grep sdb
>   8    16  312571224 sdb
>   8    17  312568641 sdb1
>
> > Then
> >
> > sudo mount /etc
> > sudo mount /root
>
> david@example.com:~$ sudo mount /etc
> [sudo] password for david:
> can't link lock file /etc/mtab~: Operation not permitted (use -n flag to
> override)
Opps. I forget that you can't access /etc at this time. So please try:

#Replace ext with the file system you are using( if you have set )
sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb1 /etc
sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb5 /root

I am not sure if you have to mkdir -p /etc /root

Btw, is there any reason for installing / into /dev/sda but /etc and
/home to /dev/sdb?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )