Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:18:54 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> As for languages themselves, there is ample evidence that some are more
> powerful than others, and every language Google is using has come under
> pretty heavy criticism for various things. Are you really going to argue
> that, given the choices of any languages at all in the world, and a
> group of very, very smart programmers, C++, Java and Python would be the
> most powerful (or nearly so) set of languages to use? I don't think that
> even many Google staff would argue that.

Can you elaborate, why you think that the combination of all
three languages isn't good? I aggree that each language of its
own is not the best language for the given task they supposedly
have, but the combination is, IMHO, quite good, given that
each language is used where its strenght is.

And yes, i've read the rest of the thread, but couldn't find
any arguments why they are worse than others, only that they
are and that haskell would be better (but not why).

			Attila Kinali
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to