Re: [tlug] OT: interesting NY times article:High-Tech Japanese, Running Out of Engineers

Shin MICHIMUKO writes:

 > > There is always the works of van Wolferen .... ;-)
 >
 > I will try to read his article soon. I heard his name sometimes in the
 > past, but didn't read it yet. Thanks for the input.

He is a well-known "Japan basher" (most famously, /The Enigma of
Japanese Power/, which was well-researched) and more recently "America
basher" (/Sakoku by Other Means/, which is basically just a rant).

If you haven't encountered his writings yet, I would say consider
"Enigma" as a question to be answered, rather than as an argument to
accept.  His sources are excellent and detailed, but I'm not qualified
to say that they are unbiased.