Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

Josh Glover writes:

 > >  >  Firstly, how do I make ^H-Backspace delete a word like it does in
 > >  >  bash?

There's a zsh option (man zshoptions, I think) called something like
WORD_DELIMITER_CHARACTERS.  You need to put '/' in it.  Why the
default for a shell is what it is in zsh, I'm not sure.  (NB, it may
be WORD_CHARACTERS and you have to take '/' out.)

In Emacsen there is a distinction between word characters and symbol
characters.  This means that M-f moves to the end of a word, but stops
at the "-" or "_" in an identifier like WORD_DELIMITER_CHARACTERS,
while C-M-f skips right on past to the end of the identifier.  I don't
know if zsh makes a similar distinction, but you could look.