Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:40:41 +0900, Brian Chandler
<brian@example.com> wrote:

> Have I guessed wrong what .profile does?

ICBW but I believe .profile is only read by the Bourne shell. If you're
using a different shell, such as tcsh then .profile will never be read
anyway.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

"I don't understand that attitude.  Don't we want email that has dancing
 bears, cute little videos, musical tunes, animated waving hands, sixty
 fonts, and looks like it's been done with crayolas? Good grief, man,
 think like a three year old!"
                                   -- Norm Reitzel discussing HTML email