Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On 3/12/08, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> ICBW but I believe .profile is only read by the Bourne shell. If you're
>  using a different shell, such as tcsh then .profile will never be read
>  anyway.

No.  Any Posix compliant shell will read .profile under certain conditions.

Please don't recommend *csh, friends don't let friends use csh.  If you
must use csh "features" try zsh with csh compatibility mode set for
interactive use.  Why you would want to do that, I don't know.

Think of csh as Microsoft Vista.  A beautiful rose that smells bad.

Hey!  Shell religious wars!  Tag, you're it ...

-sb