Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 02:06:34 -0800, "SL Baur" <steve@example.com> wrote:

> Hmmm.  I see your point.  The invisible should appear in front of
> $PS1, but it gets overwritten.  I believe that's a feature not a bug.

Possibly.

To find out, run this to see if the "invisible" gets printed and then
overwritten:

$ echo -n invisible; sleep 5

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore, if you
can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all means, do
not use a hammer.
                -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925