Re: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix

On 3/14/08, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> zsh also sucks because it truncates output if the last line doesn't end
>  with a \n. Or at least it used to...
>
>  Try this in zsh:
>
>  $ echo -n invisible

Hmmm.  I see your point.  The invisible should appear in front of
$PS1, but it gets overwritten.  I believe that's a feature not a bug.

$ zsh --version
zsh 4.2.3 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0)
$ echo -n invisible
$

Zsh 4.2.0 on RHEL 5, gives the same result.

With PS1 and RPS1, zsh needs to work with the whole line and you
may lose a few things along the way.  I certainly will not lose any
sleep over this one.  Not when I can replace $(find . -type f -print) with
**/*(.).

-sb