Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

On 9/8/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Are you sure you're not thinking about home connections where people
> also buy IP-phone service?

Ahhh, come to think of it this may be the case. Whilst I don't have
VoiP at home I do use IPTV, and did use VoiP where I lived before.

> Actually, I've used several business services in Tokyo that did not use
> PPoE, but did provide a router, albeit at the central office end of the
> fibre rather than as customer premises equipment.

I suspect the companies I have worked for and with in Japan have all
gone for services where they are responsible for their own routers (in
most cases Cisco routers were dropped in place). Therefore my
experience of business packages in Japan may be skewed.

As for ISP side routers I do not think of them other than the next hop
out of our network.

Regards, Keith