Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

On 9/8/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> On 9/6/07, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
> > Be aware that it might not
> > be faster then his current ADSL, because although the maximum rated
> > speed is more, it is shared between everyone in the building.
>
> Since my friend is living in a large apartment building with either 40
> or 80 apartments (there are two buildings, so 40 if each building has
> its own line and 80 if the pair of buildings is considered one
> location), the shared bandwidth might not be such a great deal
> then....
>
> I was going to reply to a newer message, but here's what happened:

<snip weird GMail-story about "deleted" messages after discarding a reply>

I just tried to reproduce what you've described but I couldn't.
Usually I see in all mails or inbox only discussions (which include
sent and received mail), not single messages of discussions. I did
what you've described and I still have the discussion with now 32
messages, all not collapsed (seeing only that there are messages but
not from whom) and nothing wrong here.
I attached a screenshot for being clear what I am seeing.

Niels