Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

On 9/6/07, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
> Be aware that it might not
> be faster then his current ADSL, because although the maximum rated
> speed is more, it is shared between everyone in the building.

Since my friend is living in a large apartment building with either 40
or 80 apartments (there are two buildings, so 40 if each building has
its own line and 80 if the pair of buildings is considered one
location), the shared bandwidth might not be such a great deal
then....

I was going to reply to a newer message, but here's what happened:

I read through the various messages, picked one I started to reply to,
and then changed my mind and attempted to go back to the list of
everything by clicking on "Back to In Box", which brought up a
"Discard reply?" to which I clicked on OK.  Fine, but of the 31
messages listed, it's showing three in the In Box and five or six in
the Sent Box.  Is there any way of accessing the full 31 messages with
GMail, or have they deleted most of them?  I can't see any logic to
this at all.  I guess GMail is broken if you back out of a "Reply"
then?  Weird!  I have heard earlier complaints about messages that
really belong in the In Box being in the Sent box, but I don't recall
hearing about GMail obliterating or making inaccessible large blocks
of e-mail.  Any information about how to access the lost messages
appreciated.  Since there's the "(31)" still indicated, presumably the
data is still there, although (seemingly) inaccessible.

Lyle