Re: Gotta Learn Vi . . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] [Newbie] Becoming 'root' in Kubuntu: Use sudo)

On 24/08/07, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> I remember when Gentoo was first out, it didn't include vi, only nano.

Note that he means on the install CD. Gentoo had an ebuild for vim
from the beginning.

> Many of us would edit make.conf, only to have the original build fail
> after several hours because, out of habit, we had put :x or :wq at the
> end of make.conf.  (I was the first to publicly admit it, then there
> were a flood of "Me too," posts.)  :)

Ah, the good old days. I owe you ever so much for introducing me to
Gentoo and promoting me rapidly from Padawan to Jedi Master. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh