Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Godwin,

Thanks for your response.
I have to agree with Jonathan and Erin. By complying with their
"requirements" you're giving yourself a better chance of the article being
read.
Well, I don't agree. But I'm not going to get into a debate about writing standards as it is wholly subjective, which is why this sudden focus on editing is, frankly, frustrating and upsetting.

When, for example, Linux.com said it wouldn't fit their format, they could show me uncountable number of articles on their site which establishes their house style.

TLUG, however, so far as I can see, has no body of work on the site anywhere to reference. Without that point of reference, it is completely arbitrary for a bunch of random members to start claiming editorial standards.

I just want to be absolutely clear about this. No one is objecting to the article out of principles that object to the content. I was entirely prepared to withdraw my article if someone made an objection on matters of principle. Something like "We want the TLUG web site to be purely technical, and not present any ideologies". I was very clear about this from the start that I would acquiesce to that. But it has not been presented at all.

The claim by the would-be editors on this list that somehow know better about how to give the article "a better chance of being read" has absolutely no evidence to support it that I can see.

For me, the proof is in the pudding. If my article gains not much traffic, then I guess I didn't write it well. If I did write it well, then people will come read it. That kind of feedback will inform me about how good the article is.

I don't understand why there is resistance to the idea of seeing whether or not the article succeeds, or the harm in trying, since no one objects to the principle behind the content.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04