Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

----- "Dave M G" <dave@example.com> wrote:

> The claim by the would-be editors on this list that somehow know
> better
> about how to give the article "a better chance of being read" has
> absolutely no evidence to support it that I can see.

Dave as always you misinterpret anyones trying to help you become a better * with a attack on your character or workmanship.

1. No one is telling you your article sucks quite the contrary. They are saying it should be reviewed and have potential problems fixed to make it a better more of a ee memorable read.
Which will help you and help TLUG.

2. These are improvements from people who are trying to help you write a better article and become a better writer.
Which will help you and help TLUG.

3. Some of these people have been published before and not on tripod or geocites places like oreilly.com. They might know what they are talking about, and they might be trying to help you.
Which will help you and help TLUG.

Which will help you and help TLUG. I said the three times. Why? Well lets imagine 2 scenarios here.

A. You post what you have to slashdot digg reddit etc. No one reads it, or those
who do read it associate you with TLUG and since it is on the TLUG server think that you are a person of influence in TLUG. Then they judge all of us by that article. Finally the next time you submit a article to anywhere else they say "Well what else have you wrote?" or better yet google your name etc. and find a poorly written article on the TLUG server. This does not help you or TLUG.

B. You let the people who have been around a bit and might know something about writing help you write. With some help you produce a well thought out and well laid out article that is tight and to the point and drives home your $200 argument so well that it makes it clear what the benefits are of switching and why.
>From there Slashdot and the likes throw millions upon millions of users at the server and we get some great publicity for it. In the ensuing server throw down people see your name see that you have a great quality of writing and care enough about your subject matter to put out a polished product. They ask you to write more, and offer to pay you or treat you to dinner, fly you to SF for the Linux world conference, or just plain old PRAISE you for your writing. This helps you and helps TLUG.

Option B. sounds pretty good to most people A. sounds like a waste of time. Scenario A brings you nothing but a bad name and makes TLUG look foolish for supporting you by hosting your article.

> For me, the proof is in the pudding. If my article gains not much
> traffic, then I guess I didn't write it well. If I did write it well,
>
> then people will come read it. That kind of feedback will inform me
> about how good the article is.

If your goal is to throw some shit on the wall and see what sticks. Please throw it on some one else's wall. If you want to be a professional and write to disseminate information and bring your self and the group your associated with accreditation then please think about what was written here.

> I don't understand why there is resistance to the idea of seeing
> whether
> or not the article succeeds, or the harm in trying, since no one
> objects
> to the principle behind the content.

I think the principle is AWESOME and the CONTENT is GREAT! But it could be improved just like this e-mail.  Waste of time money and resources. My first lesson in Linux was "Linux is only as free as your time."

I have wasted too many resources on this already. I would like for our elected officals to wiegh in on the matter and put it to rest.

E./

PHONE # BELOW WILL BE OPEN FOR COMPLIANTS FOR THE NEXT HOUR.

E./
--
Erin D. Hughes

MSN Mssg erin_hughes_jp@example.com