Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

On 27/07/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> jep200404 writes:
>
>  > I note that the article is anonymous.
>  > Is the article meant to represent TLUG's view or just Dave's view?
>  > If it is to represent only Dave's view, then it should have his name on it.
>
> Look at the URL. :-)
>
> You're right of course.  Dave has made it clear that this is his
> personal viewpoint, so it should be quite plainly attributed.

Guys.

This is a preview copy, made "public" (i.e. hidden behind robots.txt)
only for the sake of reviewing the (say it with me now) CONTENT.

Obviously, before it is published, it will be dolled up.

I actually would not blame Dave for taking his ball and going home at
this point. Talk about some missing of the point.

I am not singling either of you two out, this is in the larger context
of Dave getting "taught" about writing by people with the same
qualifications as him, when he has repeatedly said, "I'm happy with
the piece as it stands".

Trying to be helpful is one thing, but when the chap says "no thanks",
it is his decision.

Would you like it if I "helped" you with your code, ad nauseum, after
you already told me you were happy with it?

--
Cheers,
Josh