Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

----- "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Guys.
>
> This is a preview copy, made "public" (i.e. hidden behind robots.txt)
> only for the sake of reviewing the (say it with me now) CONTENT.
>
> Obviously, before it is published, it will be dolled up.

Great that is really all I am asking for.

Dave keeps saying it is fine? Good make it great!

I am saying people are trying to help. Dave keep saying no it is fine the way it is. It is good is what I keep saying and it could be great. It is a excellent argument it just needs some help nothing wrong with that.

Noted taken under advisement etc. Wether in the end he changes it or not, is up to him. The people here are trying to help not hurt. We all want to see Dave publish the best he can do.

When I finish VEOL (Video Editing On Linux) I am already prepared for this kind of criticism.
It is part of putting your work in the public eye, but we are his peers and while some of the comments I or others wrote may seem harsh, they are there to elevate the level of Dave's writing.

Step back look at it again and say, is this really clear? How can I make it more clear.

> I actually would not blame Dave for taking his ball and going home at
> this point. Talk about some missing of the point.
> I am not singling either of you two out, this is in the larger
> context
> of Dave getting "taught" about writing by people with the same
> qualifications as him, when he has repeatedly said, "I'm happy with
> the piece as it stands".
>
> Trying to be helpful is one thing, but when the chap says "no
> thanks",
> it is his decision.

Fair enough but when the chap wants to put his work on the group server and publish it as part of the group there needs some sort of consensus if it is worthy. I have never asked TLUG to publish my stuff for me. Dave has and that is where the scrutiny has come in.

Lets throw this on the tlug site http://www.hugedesigns.net/wiki/index.php/PureFTPD

Come on it is total crap only if you work with this stuff every day would you even know what it means. It has no place on TLUG and I wouldn't ask you to put it there. It is there for my reference.

> Would you like it if I "helped" you with your code, ad nauseum, after
> you already told me you were happy with it?

My code OF Fing COURSE. ;-)

I know I sound like a bit of a cock when I come off and say the stuff above but I really want 2 things. What is best for TLUG first and what is helpful for those involved second. Actually those 2 are interchangeable.

Compliant line is still open. 080-1218-1325

E./