Re: [tlug] mlterm mojibake problem

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 11:47:17PM -0700, steven smith wrote:

> worked fine, and I like the images.  Anyway, I don't really have any more time
> to spend on this.

With uxterm, you can do inherit pixmap (-ip at the command line) for
transparency.  You can also at least give the illusion of a translucent
term, though I haven't tried this.   (It took a bit of googling,
apparently not completely trivial but not that hard either.)

Also, in my googling it seems that there is a perl extension with urxvt
now that supports tabs.

My favorite really used to be aterm, back in the EUC days--however,
aterm still, (AFAIK) doesn't support unicode, and the later aterm didn't
support Japanese--though as I mention on my Japanese page, there is a
fellow who made it support EUC at least.  I haven't used it in awhile
however, so I'm not up to date on it.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Harmony: How are you gonna kill her? Think! The second you even
point that thing at her, you're gonna be all 'Aaagh!' (holding
her hand to her head in imitation of Spike), and then you'll get
bitch-slapped up and down Main Street, unless she's finally had
enough and just stakes you!
Spike: Sure, it'll hurt like hell for about two hours. But she'll
be dead just a little longer than that.