Re: [tlug] mlterm mojibake problem

Keith Bawden wrote:
On 7/23/07, steven smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
I've been poking at this for a while and don't know where to
go.  I have the gnu term and xterm/uxterm working fine with
Kanji -- mlterm is the only term with problems.

Does anyone know how mlterm selects its fonts?  What font
should I be using and where should it be entered?  From
xfontsel it looks like koichi-gothic or koichi-mincho would
be good selections.  What do you guys use?

Try this and let me know how it goes:

Hi Keith

I tried your settings. The big difference was the LANG environmental variable. With ja_JP.eucJP set, it renders Kanji ok, but SCIM still isn't working.

Thank you for the help. Since the gnome term and a regular x term are working ok, I think I'm going to drop this for now. The main thing I really wanted for ML term is the translucent term. I used this term under SuSE 10.1 and it worked fine, and I like the images. Anyway, I don't really have any more time to spend on this.

Steve S.