Re: [tlug] server installation best practices/ worksheet

On 26/05/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

The first (and in fact only) thing I do when I "only" have sudo access
is "sudo bash". The first time I tried it I was amazed it worked, but it
is so much easier than typing in a password every time (it is rare that
if I need root that I only need to run one command).

Most sudo-using sites that take security seriously do not allow invocation of a shell through sudo.

As for typing in a password each time, you can simply increase the
value of timestamp_timeout in your /etc/sudoers if it is your machine.

-Josh