Re: [tlug] server installation best practices/ worksheet

On 2007/05/22, at 15:15, Erin D. Hughes wrote:

Something like a check list sounds like what you are looking for. A quick google for "server installation checklists" got me results from HP, Dell and IBM, but like you said "no easy answers". It depends on the servers role.

Yes, I did a search on Google for such keywords first thing, but I did not find anything useful, since what I did find were very specific to the particular platform. There are a lot of Windows checklists, actually.

I was really just thinking that there should be some kind of generic Linux checklist, or at least one for Red Hat systems. I will go ahead and make one up myself, but it would have been nice to find one that is used by folks more experienced than I.

We have so few machines that Kickstart is not an option.

However, I would really like to find best practices documents on system and network documentation.