Re: [tlug] server partitions, LVM, and Xen

> a large file on the host OS partition to emulate a drive

i.e.

block device <-> host filesytem <-> file <-> xen filesytem

I susgested using LVM i.e.

block device <-> xen filesystem

Ahhh, now I'm with ya :-)

You could also use have your Virtual Block Device  based on a normal
physical partition.

Then again I wonder what type of performance hit you would see when
using a file as Curt suggested. Also, I wonder if a file based
approach would help simplify things when migrating instances to new
servers.

Regards, Keith