Re: [tlug] TLUG Web Site

On 27/05/07, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

... # Links to sponsors. # Links to other groups - links on the front page to "like minded groups" in Japan. ... # Wiki and site to be searchable from the front page.

For the search I think we should consider using a custom google search. I have done this on some other sites (like http://www.belfastlinux.org/) and it has some advantages: * google are going to index the site anyway, so they may as well provide the search engine for us. * we can, if we want, include other sites in the index. Maybe we want to include the sites of hte "like minded groups" and/or the sponsors. (We did that on the Belfast Linux site, initially because we had no useful content ourselves.) * we can connect the search results with google AdSense and make some money when people use the search.

--
Marty