Re: [tlug] Re: TLUG BBQ

2007-05-27 (æææ) 11:15ãKeith Bawden ãããæãããã:
> Keyboard Key Removal Time Trial
> I'm sorry but I cannot remember her name. Trevor please update the
> list with this info :-) Trevor's better half achieved this feat in
> around 14 seconds. It is believed she completed the task in such a
> time in order to expedite her escape from the mad men head butting and
> punching keyboards around her.

Her name is Hideka.  While the surrounding keyboard violence no doubt
influenced her, I suspect that she was also releasing some suppressed
frustration caused by the use of Vista on her new laptop...  I would not be
surprised if she removed those useless Windows keys as well as the alphabetic
ones.  Don't worry: we plan on wiping Vista and installing Ubuntu on her
system as soon as possible!

> Keyboard Refurbishment Time Trial
> Trevor was the speediest at this event with a time of around 1 min 15
> seconds. Lucky for Trevor the closest competitor was Marty. Who
> unfortunately had some of his keys on upside down :-(

Trevor --> Travis

> The BBQ yesterday was great. I had a good time and would like to thank
> everyone for coming along.

Hideka and I had a great time as well, and we are both looking forward to
attending the next one!

Cheers, Travis