Re: [tlug] server partitions, LVM, and Xen

> You could also use have your Virtual Block Device  based on a normal
> physical partition.

You could but then you couldn't resize it or easily remove it.

For sure this is pretty much true. LVM is great for giving the flexibility to split volumes over physical devices, grow and shrink them and all that jazz. I have used LVM in the past, but pretty much stopped using it after I realised that I rarely used any of the above mentioned features.

Regards, Keith