Re: [tlug] OT:dual core CPUs

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:12:57 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Heh, I can beat that: an Osborne 1 "suitcase",

Ah, yes. Amber screen and all. That's one of the machines I learned to
use first of all. CP/M was certainly the first O/S I got my hands on.

> Z80 @example.com, 64MB of RAM,

Didn't know the Z80 could address that much memory. Did you put a
custom pager into the machine? :o)

Probably not, it was already heavy enough as it is. Whoever called
those machines "portable" must have been a truck driver used to driving
trucks without power-assisted steering...

> and a whopping big 92KB 5.25" floppy drive.  Not to mention that
> sticker on the cover with a 15 line asm program for recovering
> Wordstar files from RAM after a crash. ;-)
>
> It took me three days to type in Hendrix's Small C, but ... hey, those
> were the days.

Indeed :)

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it.