Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] OT:dual core CPUs
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:11:38 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] OT:dual core CPUs
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20070301)
The future is multi-core, and I'd like to do some experiments with threading so see how some (CPU-intensive) code performs on dual or quad core CPUs. But I don't have one. As fast as possible would be nice, with good L2 cache, but I don't have much budget. Any advice on where the best price/performance point is currently? Could I expect to get a dual-core (1GB memory, 80G HD, on-board video, etc.) machine for under 50,000 yen? How much budget do I need if I want 2-CPU dual-core? I found this article saying there will be some fairly big price cuts after April 22nd, and I can wait at least that long: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=2963&p=2 Darren -- Darren Cook http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary) http://dcook.org/work/ (About me and my work) http://dcook.org/work/charts/ (My flash charting demos)
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Networking two Linux computers harder than Linux toWindows?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] OT:dual core CPUs
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] LPIC2 study guides?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] OT:dual core CPUs
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links