Re: [tlug] xorg 7.1 and mga card (and possibly Gateway monitor)

Scott Robbins wrote:

> > Many LCDs are most happy at 60Hz.
>
> I've been using 30-61 hsync and 56-76 vertical with success through late
> xorg 6 and xorg 7.0.

Exceeding the specifications, even by a little bit, is risky.

Try following the specifications, or even trying numbers
more conservative than the specifications.

> > Try specifying to X a generic 1024x768 LCD monitor.
>
> My specs have been what I always use--just specifying the Hsync and
> Vsync.

If that doesn't work, try specifying to X a generic 1024x768 60Hz LCD monitor.

I wrote:

> Consider putting your config files (good and bad) on a web server
> and posting the URLs. Many eyeballs make bugs shallow.

Scott, consider putting _your_ config files (good and bad)
on a web server and posting the URLs.