Re: [tlug] xorg 7.1 and mga card (and possibly Gateway monitor)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:03:59 -0400 Scott Robbins wrote:

> If you could send [X config file] offlist, it might give me some clues.

Many eyeballs make bugs shallow. [1][2]

If it's not too big, post it to the list.
If it's big, or if there are many files,
put them on a web server and post the URL.

Earlier, on Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:27:49 -0400 Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> Last week I was playing around with various distros, and found that xorg
> 7.1 didn't play well.

Compare the various X config files of the various distros
that you played with. Also remember to try various versions of
Knoppix to get more X config files without having to install Linux.

Consider putting your config files (good and bad) on a web server
and posting the URLs. Many eyeballs make bugs shallow.

[1] http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/ar01s05.html
    See ESR's paraphrase of Linus's Law in
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/ar01s04.html

[2] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#noprivate
    If you want something privately, just write that person privately.
    It's seems silly to post publicly to ask for something privately.
    Nonetheless, the config files are something that should be public.