Re: [tlug] xorg 7.1 and mga card (and possibly Gateway monitor)

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Has anyone had issues with xorg-7.1 and an mga card?  I have a pretty
> vanilla (and old) Matrox G200 8MB and fairly unesoteric Gateway LCD
> FPD1510 monitor.

This isn't going to help much at all but I use Xorg and I have a G400.
After an emerge upgrade a few weeks ago, I lost my glx capability and
tuxracer no longer runs. Actually, given that I don't always reboot after
running emerge (my bad), the root cause could be anything from the last
several months.

I had to fiddle with xorg.conf to even get the xserver started but I
didn't keep any notes as to what finally worked. I have not had any time
at all to figure out what happened and why. I could send my xorg.conf if
you think it might help at all.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org                     for thou art crunchy
                                  and goest well with cheese.