Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

Josh,

Thanks for responding.
Well, re-run "apache2 -l", and make sure you see mod_rewrite.c. If you
don't, mod_rewrite is not being loaded.
It's still not in the list when I run "a[ache2 -l".

I finally found this site, which makes it sound easy:
http://vassie.wordpress.com/2006/06/12/how-to-enable-mod_rewrite-on-dapper/

But even after editing /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default, and restarting apache, I still don't get any mod_rewrite action.

Do I have to do something in my httpd.conf file like:
LoadModule mod_rewrite.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

--
Dave M G