Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

Godwin,

Thank you for responding.
Locate the httpd binary and run "httpd -l". Does it mention mod_rewrite
at all?
If not show us the output of:
grep LoadModule /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
I can't find an httpd binary, nor do I think that I have the right LoadModule line in my httpd.conf file:

dave@example.com:~$ locate httpd
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf~
/usr/share/doc/apache2/examples/httpd-std.conf.gz
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/httpd.exp
/usr/local/Zend/ZendStudio-5.2.0/docs/PHPmanual/install.unix.fhttpd.html
/usr/local/Zend/ZendStudio-5.2.0/docs/PHPmanual/install.windows.omnihttpd.html
dave@example.com:~$ grep LoadModule /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

I'm guessing this means I don't have mod_rewrite set up correctly?

--
Dave M G