Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

David, Edmund, Stephen,

Thank you all for responding.

David E wrote:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
From what you describe, this would do what I'm looking for.

I've put this into an .htaccess file in the same directory as the index.php, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

I mean, my link remains as website.com/index.php/web_page, and not website.com/web_page.

Is there another step? I don't need to restart Apache do I?

--
Dave M G