Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 02:17:58 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> When I put a link inside index.php that says <a href="page">page</a>,
> and I click on the link, I expect it should go back to index.php,
> which has code for taking "page" out of $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] and
> displaying the right web page data.

Is mod_rewrite built into your copy of Apache?

Locate the httpd binary and run "httpd -l". Does it mention mod_rewrite
at all?

If not show us the output of:

grep LoadModule /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

NB: I've never worked with Apache2, only 1.3.x, so the above checks
might be totally irrelevant.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

"Thank you for calling the Incontinence hotline. Please hold."