Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:22:51 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> I found it, but it has a zillion options. So even if I include it,
> I'm not sure which modules I'd need to modprobe and whatnot.

Those needed are modprobe'd automatically as and when they're needed by
iptables rules. Remember, your firewall "application" is nothing but a
front-end to iptables. It takes the rules you give it and generates a
bunch of "iptables" commands in order to feed your rules to the kernel.

Oh, and totally unrelated, a signature delimiter is "-- " (dash, dash,
space) on its own on a line. Your mailer is only inserting
"--" (without the space), meaning that your sig is considered as part
of the message body and has to be trimmed manually every time someone
replies to you.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Your fault: core dumped