Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?

Stephen, Josh,

Thank you for your help.

Stephen said:
Note that the module is named "ip_tables", not "iptables" for some
unfathomable reason.

I can't find an entry for ip_tables, or iptables anywhere in make xconfig. I tried opening .config and doing a search there. But even still, I can't find them. Do they have some other kind of reference that I should be hunting for?

Also, I'm thinking that I'm likely to come across a few more issues like this over the next couple of weeks. So I figured my plan would be to add the modules the same way I did with the IVTV modules as they come up. Then when it seems like I'm not finding any more modules I need to add, I'll rebuild the kernel with the .config file that should, by then, include all the modules that I'm needing.

Is there anything obviously wrong with that plan?

--
Dave M G