Re: [tlug] Trying to clarify the idea of a "Bye-bye Windows"

Hi,

> > Traditionally, LUGs have not been about promoting Linux to the public:
> > they're more about sharing technical knowledge among people who know
> > they want to use Linux. As an irregular, online-only participant, I
> > can't say what TLUG should do, but perhaps it is time for a shift in
> > focus.
>
> Hmm... That's an interesting point. It was noted at the meeting that there
> were an unusually large number of attendees, and in my own case it was my
> first TLUG meeting in some years.

If it is of interest, I might be able to give a talk on how I create
presentations on Linux, but not anytime soon, since I've just finished
doing my last presentation.

I consider the following as the required tasks on my machine:
	creating presentation and doing presentations
	creating reports
	sending/receiving email
	surfing the web and crunching RSS

	watching TV
	processing photos

	... and finally some coding.

They are mundane, and personally it's much more fun and motivating to
investigate and talk about things that aren't working, on their way to
be able to do the mundane tasks.

regards,
	junichi
--