Re: [tlug] Palm problem (was Modprobe error)

Hi everyone,

Further to troubleshoot that PDA synch problem- I have my own problem
now. I decided to set up my PDA with this new server and am getting an
interesting error. When I press hotsync the kernel finds the sony clie
driver OK, and mounts it as /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1. I created a
symbolic link called /dev/pilot to the first device, but gnome pilot
can't find the pda. The error is:

Jul 22 03:39:44 slackisland kernel: usb 2-1: palm_os_4_probe - error -32
getting connection info

What is interesting however is that after pressing hotsync this command
works:

pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --list

I get the whole list of stuff on the PDA, so it appears they can talk to
eachother... I'm going to hack away at this a bit more but I thought
Dave might like to try the above command as well, maybe we have the same
problem?

Cheers,

Scott VanDusen