Re: [tlug] Modprobe error

Scott, Godwin,

Sorry if my earlier message implied that people were unhelpful. I was very grateful for the advice people gave me on how to fix my Palm Pilot and printer.

But to be clear, it's not that I lack "confidence" in building a kernel. I'm sure after trial and effort and reading resources and whatever else I could do it.

It's just that for me that's where the line is crossed from using Linux into enjoying Linux for it's own sake. While I appreciate other people's enthusiasm for 'geeking out' and learning new levels of mastery over this OS, that's not me. I would really like my Palm to work, but not at the expense of introducing a new learning curve into my already busy schedule.

Further, all indications on the web and from advice I've received is that a Palm Pilot should be able to connect with my system and set up. I reserve the right to be disappointed that it doesn't connect despite having followed any and every instruction I've seen, in most cases with multiple attempts.

--
Dave M G