Re: [tlug] At my wits end and completely desperate (wacom problem)

    Dave> Is there really no one in the Tokyo area with enough Linux
    Dave> confidence to set up a peripheral device, and who wouldn't
    Dave> mind making some extra yen they wouldn't have otherwise?

"Trade my old computer" doesn't sound like very much yen to me, and it
would probably sound like less to the kind of person you're trying to
attract.  You may be serious about paying, but is the pay going to be
serious?

I don't mean to put you down; it's just that the kind of person with
the skills needed to go into something like this with a fair amount of
confidence of success probably bills at 10,000 yen/hour or so.[1]
Anybody willing to do it for less is either not competent or doing it
for fun or friendship (but that has the ii-kagen-na results you've
already seen).

Footnotes:
[1]  They don't necessarily take it home; there's travel time, meal
expenses, etc to include.