Re: [tlug] Bleeding pragmata (was: Re: unicode and Perl- howto pass command line unicode arguments)

Josh Glover wrote:
> On 17/02/06, Tod McQuillin <devin@example.com> wrote:
>
>> The C99 standard allows variable declarations anywhere inside a block, not
>> just at the top.  This can be a useful technique for limiting the scope of
>> variables to just the section of code where they are used.
>>
>> C99 has been supported in gcc since gcc 3.x
>>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> That will be the end of my posting for awhile, since I apparently
> cannot be bothered to check the veracity of my fucking statements
> before spewing them forth like so much vomit.

Well if you hadn't send the last email you might of got away with
something along the lies of

[1]It's a coding style issue. We put our variable declarations where people
can _find_ them, not in random places in the code.

Putting variables in the middle of code only improves readability when you
have messy code.

Edward

1. http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/13/223