Re: [tlug] Bleeding pragmata (was: Re: unicode and Perl- how topass command line unicode arguments)

On 17/02/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
OK, sure. But most pragmata (at least in Perl) tend to belong at the
top of the file, because they are GLOBAL.

No they aren't, they're usually active for the remainder of the scope (e.g. file).

And programmers who put globals anywhere but the top of the file shall
taste my wrath, and verily thus!

Globals are bad, m'kay?

Although if I want a global (or file static) somewhere localised I might well not put it at the top of the file.  I certainly don't put variable definitions at the top of functions any more.