Re: [tlug] Bleeding pragmata (was: Re: unicode and Perl- how topass command line unicode arguments)

On 17/02/06, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:

> Just to be picky (clearly I'm in an argumentative mood this week) but
> pragmas can go anywhere.  In embedded compilers they're sometimes variable
> definition modifiers ( e.g. 'please put this in a really convenient bit of
> RAM').  There are indeed ones that end up at the top of the file, though.

OK, sure. But most pragmata (at least in Perl) tend to belong at the
top of the file, because they are GLOBAL.

And programmers who put globals anywhere but the top of the file shall
taste my wrath, and verily thus!

-Josh