Re: [tlug] Perspective...

Scott Robbins wrote:

>Not true.  Never was, never will be.  Take your own viewpoints--would
>you be more likely to believe something said by Bill Gates or by Linus
>Torvalds?

If Bill Gates starting saying interesting things, I would begin to
change my opinion of him... maybe.

>>Okay - I see your point.  Still I'm feeling powerfully miffed, but then
>>I have a completely different background from most of the vocal people
>>on this list and so I should expect radically different ways of viewing
>>the world.
>>

>That could well be.  I think many of the more vocal people on this list
>see the computer as an end, whereas to you, it seems that it may be more
>of a means to an end.

Yes, that's exactly right I think!  Thank you for pointing that out!

>While I can't read your mind of course (I'm only psychotic, not
>psychic) it seems as if you feel that people will read that you said,
>"at any cost," and would take that to mean that it's ok to torture
>kittens if it means bringing down MS

But that's important in this world of Internet spying and whatnot!  It
could be downright ruinous to someone to have the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc.
etc. thinking that they are out to do anything "at any cost".  Da*n!
I'm getting angry again now!  Josh - everyone - think about the meaning
of "at any cost"!  You can't get any more radical than that!  I DID NOT
(D I D  N O T) say that!!!!!!!!!!!

>At any rate, I went to a co-worker's funeral today.  There are so many
>things more important than this.  Life is too short to get bent out of
>shape about things, even being misquoted.

I'm sorry to hear that man.  Perspective... yes, we need that, and since
I don't want to join your friend in the land of the dead, I beg the
members of this list to not lie about me and say that I want to do
anything "at any cost".  So - to anyone reading this - take note: I DID
NOT say that ANYTHING needs to be done "ant any cost".  Da*n you Josh
for saying that!

Lyle